The Haven [formerly Be DAREful] Women’s Retreat in Costa Rica
March 19-27, 2021
Hosted by True North Adventures
Bodhi Surf + Yoga is excited to yet again co-host a women’s retreat with our friends at True North Adventures. Formerly called “Be Dareful,” this year’s retreat is called “The Haven,” and offers participants a “a beautiful opportunity to rest, reset and begin planting seeds in stronger containers so these emerging visions of a healthier future can take root right here in the present.” This unique retreat includes the best of Bodhi Surf + Yoga plus the added opportunity to be deeply supported through soul-centered workshops, one-to-one coaching, and a loving community of women who are ready to join you in this meaningful experience that will have far-reaching impacts on your life.
The ongoing challenges of this past year have taken their toll on our mental, emotional, spiritual and physical health. Although the devastating impacts have not been experienced equally across our communities, we have undoubtedly felt the pressure this has added to our collective web. It has further exposed the toxic effects of systemic racism, resource inequality and the ways in which our current models are devastating our home planet. The weight of these intersecting pandemics is heavy and it is so natural to want to just shut it all down and run away. But this is happening. We need embodied leaders to support with this collective mending in our homes, work relationships and our communities at large. We’re not going back and in order to rise to the challenge ahead we need more effective tools for caring for ourselves and each other in the meantime.
At True North Adventures, everything we do is designed to invite us back into alignment with our Authentic Selves. In this way, our intentional outdoor experiences are portals for our inner adventures and this is where the magic happens! As has always been the case with our retreats, this time away is not an escape. It is an essential pause where you can playfully observe how you are with yourself, and practice using more effective tools as you embody these shifts in your day-to-day life. This is about reconnecting with the innate wisdom of your Wild heart, course correcting where needed, and experiencing a greater sense of regulation and vitality throughout your entire body/being as a result.
The Haven Women’s Retreat includes:
- 6 nights at the Bodhi Lodge
- 2 travel transition nights at the Adventure Inn in San Jose
- 3 homemade meals every day (with 2-3 offsite at local restaurants)
- 5 surf lessons
- 5 yoga classes
- Daily experiential “play”shops
- A special service project opportunity in the local community
- Art supplies, journal and plenty of space for creative expression and experimentation
- Visit to a local waterfall
- Fruit + fresh coconuts at each surf lesson
- Guided walking tour of Bahia Ballena with local guide
- National Park entrance fees
- Private round trip transportation (SJO – Uvita – SJO)
- 1 hour private coaching session with Jen in preparation for our time in Costa Rica + 3 additional 1 hour coaching calls and ongoing email support as you integrate your learning
Curious to learn more? Check out the retreat page and set up a free exploration call to explore the possibilities together.