Learn to Surf and Meditate in Costa Rica
April 23-30, 2022
Hosted by Mountain View Wellness
Surf, explore, and enjoy life again.
Bodhi Surf + Yoga is thrilled to be hosting this first-ever retreat with Mountain View Wellness, which will focus on skillfulness gained from riding both the waves of life and the waves of the ocean.
From retreat leader, Julie Bailis: This retreat is designed for those interested in learning how to surf and meditate because we believe:
- You don’t have to be a monk and spend hours in silence to reap the benefits of meditation.
- Mindfulness can be learned by anyone and practiced throughout the day, while walking, eating, breathing, and yes, even surfing.
- Breath, movement, and observation are all pathways to reducing stress, feeling better about your life, and discovering your true self.
What to expect?
In addition to the Bodhi Sessions adult surf and yoga camp’s regular offerings, this retreat also has the added value of learning meditation and personal coaching benefits from a retreat leader who is also a certified wellness coach.
During our week together, you will have the opportunity to experience daily meditation, yoga, and surf lessons.
Julie will be leading yoga and meditation classes based on her r signature course, “Meditation for Beginners: A Practical Approach to Demystifying Meditation.”
During our meditation sessions together you will learn how to create and sustain a consistent home practice that suits your lifestyle and how to weave meditative practices into your everyday life with ease and flow.
This retreat includes:
- Daily small-group meditation experiences (as part of Julie’s signature course “Meditation for Beginners” where you will receive instruction and have the opportunity to experience multiple practices of meditation and mindfulness through breath awareness, movement, sensory awareness, and journaling).
- 5 daily yoga classes (4 led by Julie, 1 led by Pilar, co-owner of Bodhi Surf & Yoga, and lead yoga instructor).
- 5 surf lessons with Bodhi Surf + Yoga co-owner, Travis, and other instructors
- 2 private coaching sessions with Julie Bailis, to help you clarify your goals and to ensure that you have the focus and skills to achieve these goals
- 1 hour-long massage
- 6 nights at the beautiful Bodhi Lodge in Bahia Ballena
- 1 travel transition night (our last night in Costa Rica) at the Adventure Inn in San Jose
- 2 meals every day (except for Wednesday, our free day)
- A visit to a local waterfall
- Fruit at each surf lesson and as many coconuts straight off the tree as you would like to enjoy!
- Guided walking tour of Bahia Ballena with a local naturalist
- National Park entrance fees
- Private round trip transportation (from the airport in San Jose to Bodhi Lodge in Uvita and back)
Check out the official retreat page for full information and to contact Julie directly if you have any questions!