The My Ocean Guardian Journey Contest is your chance to showcase what you are already doing for the ocean and environment, or share a new and original idea. Many good ideas, such as using reusable bottles and cups for beverages or bringing cloth bags to the grocery store are becoming very widespread, and this is great news for everyone. But what the world needs is environmental innovation, and this contest is designed to celebrate awesome, albeit outside-the-box ideas!
Ocean Guardian Journey Contest Categories
The contest consists of two categories: Best Actions and Best Ideas. Contestants in both categories will have the chance to win one of several Bodhi Surf School prizes.
The Best Actions category allows you to describe actions that you have taken in the past or are currently doing to help protect and conserve the ocean, and/or to help spread marine conservation and environmental awareness.
The Best Ideas category is designed for you to explain the great ideas for marine conservation and ocean awareness that you have in mind, but have not yet put into action.
Ocean Guardian Journey Contest Prizes
The prizes for Best Actions are the following:
- 1st place – A FREE one-week Holistic Yoga and Surf vacation or Inner Surfer Surfing vacation for two people with accommodations at the Bodhi Lodge
- 2nd place – A FREE 2-day surf clinic for two people, plus a hard cover copy of the New York Times bestseller book, and Bodhi favorite, Blue Mind by Wallace J. Nichols
- 3rd place – A hard cover copy of the New York Times bestseller book, Blue Mind by Wallace J. Nichols
The prizes for Best Ideas are the following:
- 1st place – A FREE 2-day surf clinic for two people
- 2nd place – A hard cover copy of the New York Times bestseller book, Blue Mind by Wallace J. Nichols
- 3rd place – Reusable Klean Kanteen water bottle
To participate, contestants must do the following:
- If you haven’t already, sign our Ocean Guardian Pledge
- Submit your ACTION or IDEA entry form (see details below)
- Contestants may submit entries into either or both categories; however, contestants are only eligible to claim one prize. In the event that one individual is selected a winner in both categories, the individual will be given the opportunity to select from claiming one of his/her corresponding prizes. By submitting your Action and/or Idea you consent that the photos, description, and location of where your action and/or idea is performed may be republished by Bodhi Surf School in order to promote innovative ideas and encourage others to get involved.
Submissions will be accepted from October 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014.
Winners will be announced January 26, 2015.
How to Submit Your Action or Idea
To submit Actions
Fill out the Actions Entry Form, located Here, which consists of your contact information, a maximum 500 word description of your action, and two (2) photos of yourself executing your action (or your action being executed).
To submit Ideas
Fill out the entry form, located Here, to submit your idea.
Judges are members of the Bodhi Surf Advisory Board and recognized Bodhi Surf Ocean Guardians.
Judges will enjoy Actions and Ideas that are:
- Relevant to the Ocean Guardian Pledge
- Easy to duplicate
- Simple, yet impactful
Vacation and surf clinic prizes are scheduled based on availability. Vacation prizes and surf clinics are non-transferable and valid only for winner and one companion. Vacation and surf clinic prize must be redeemed by November 30, 2015. Any additional travel companions, after the first, of prize winners must pay regular Bodhi Surf vacation prices.
Contestants must provide their full name, email, and location of where their Action or Idea is (to be) carried out. No personal information is ever shared outside of Bodhi Surf, nor is personal information ever sold to third-parties.
Bodhi Surf employees and their family members’ entries are welcome but not eligible for prizes.
Learn more about Bodhi Surf School’s Ocean Guardian Journey